Eco Camp UK Wild Boar Wood Campsite
Wild Boar Wood Campsite offers campers a 'wild glamping' experience where you can enjoy the benefits of wild woodland campsite without having to pitch your own tent. The campsite is off-grid and campfires are encouraged but campers stay in stylish pre-erected bell tents. The nine tents are equipped with beds, cooking equipment and picnic tables and each has its own fire pit area within a five acre bluebell wood in the heart of Sussex.
Our beautiful woodland campsite is located in the High Weald, a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and bell tents are set apart in the trees giving solitude and an escape from the outside world. Although it is secluded, our site is easily accessible from London, Brighton and the Ashdown Forest as it is just a few miles from Haywards Heath in West Sussex.
Wild Boar Wood and the surrounding 40-acre Wild Boar Field are great places for spotting wildlife. Birds, butterflies, deer, rabbit, hedgehogs and foxes make their homes in the field, hedgerows and woodland.
We encourage an experience of discovery and you can take time to identify the indigenous trees in our woodland; oak, beech, hornbeam, birch, ash, holly and hazel.
The peace of our little woodland campsite is interrupted only by the historic Bluebell Railway locomotives as they occasionally steam past the edge of the woodland campsite!
The campsite is a great place for families and groups to catch up around the campfire and groups are able to book the whole campsite for special occasions but we are also a small-scale, quiet and relaxed campsite with a low-noise policy. We don't allow amplified music and ask for quiet from 10pm. Our two faraway tents offer couples and families more seclusion and space.
Eco Camp UK is based on a philosophy of living lightly on the land in harmony with nature.
• We do not use any electricity at the site; lighting is provided by solar lamps, wind-up lanterns and candles.
• We have bucket showers for guests to use - encouraging sensible use of water.
• Each bell tent has a designated open fire pit for cooking and relaxing around.
• Each bell tent has its own award winning wood-fired eco camp stove.
• All vehicles are parked away from the site, with wheelbarrows provided to carry provisions and bedding the short walk across the field.
• All rubbish is taken away from the site, leaving no trace.
• No electronic music permitted, to avoid all noise pollution (singing ok!)
This form is for genuine enquiries only. Your IP address will be recorded
This page was last updated: 03 March 2016