Golden Square Caravan and Camping Park
Golden Square Caravan & Camping Park is set in a superb location in the south-east corner of the North York Moors National Park.
From the warm and sheltered site, there are panoramic views across farm, forest and moorland towards the heart of the North York Moors, where the Heartbeat television series was filmed.
This is the Yorkshire, loved by James Herriot. He worked in Thirsk and described the panorama from nearby Sutton Bank as England's finest view.
Almost hidden from nearby roads, Golden Square nestles in the quiet countryside of the Hambleton Hills, just 2˝ miles from the attractive and colourful market town of Helmsley.
The Park is interestingly laid out in three different levels and carefully screened by trees. Even when the site is full, there is always a feeling of freedom afforded by the layout and the striking views across the National Park.
The site is particularly recommended for family holidays
The luxury heated toilet blocks at Golden Square have won the regional award for 'Loo of the Year'. This is a fine testimony to the high standards and quality of the services and facilities which you can expect at the Park.
1. Two heated, refurbished luxury stone-built toilet and shower blocks are fully-tiled and fitted with hot and cold showers (free showers). and include heating plus underfloor heating in the showers. There is also an additional rooms with underfloor heating, shower and bath, which is suitable for families and the disabled. Baby-changing units are available. The hand-basins are inserted in vanity units and some individual cubicles are provided. The facilities are open 24 hours a day and include shaver points, hand dryers and hair dryers .
2. Facilities for Motor Homes include fresh water, waste water and chemical disposal points.
3. Washing-up sinks.
4. Launderette with washing machines, tumble and spin dryers. Iron.
5. We are pleased to introduce the provision of 'de-luxe' all service pitches. These pitches, larger than normal, are individually fenced and provided with electricity, fresh water, waste water and chemical waste connections, hard standing and a grass patio with picnic tables.
6. The Reception and Shop have been extended for the 2006 season. A range of delicious home-baked bread and cakes, cooked meats, frozen produce and licensed drinks are all available. Milk, papers, caravan accessories, books and souvenirs are also available at the Shop.
7. Electric hook-up points.
8. Gas Supply.
9. Recreational facilities include indoor and outdoor play areas, crazy golf and cycle hire. Other facilities include late arrival enclosure, battery charging, microwave oven and public telephone. Dogs are welcome but they MUST BE KEPT ON A SHORT LEAD AT ALL TIMES. There is an exercise field and woodland provided. Bikes are available to hire and mountain bike routes can be arranged on request . Fishing tuition is available on request.
10. Security Barrier
11. Pay Phone
.A Special Events List for the area is available on request.
David Bellamy Conservation Award
This park is a 'Green Champion', says David Bellamy. Discover why we have won a top conservation award for our wildlife achievements. Discover the 'Butterfly Bar' of buddleja bushes.
1st March - 31st October. Seasonal pitches and storage compound are available.
Country walks and trails start from the site. Other facilities nearby include pony trekking over the moors and gliding at Sutton Bank. There are fishing lakes at Hovingham, Castle Howard and Terrington. Professional fly fishing tuition is available locally. The nearest golf course is at Gilling Castle, approximately 2 miles away. There are other courses at Kirkbymoorside (6 miles), Malton (12 miles), Easingwold (10 miles) and Thirsk (12 miles).
Excellent Bar Snacks and Meals are available at the numerous village pubs just down the road. In nearby Helmsley there is a good range of cafés, restaurants, pubs and hotels.
Sport, Recreation and Events
There are opportunities in the area for golf, tennis, badminton, riding and pony trekking, swimming, gliding, fishing, country walking, mountain biking and a cycle route.
At a nearby Sports Centre at Ampleforth College, facilities include an excellent swimming pool, squash, badminton and tennis (indoor & outdoor). This is very popular with our visitors and the Sports Centre is only 3 minutes drive or 15 minutes walk from the site. At Helmsley there is an open air swimming pool.
The attraction of this part of Yorkshire lies not only in its beautiful countryside but also in its wealth of places to visit and range of recreational facilities.
There are 554 square miles of The North York Moors National Park to explore. Within an hour's drive is the Yorkshire coast at Scarborough and to the south is the historic city of York. To the west are the Yorkshire Dales and further north lies Teesdale.
Close to Ampleforth are world famous historic houses, abbeys, castles and craft workshops as well as opportunities for golf, riding and pony trekking, swimming, gliding, fishing and walking.
CARAVAN AND CAMPING CLUB APPROVED
CARAVAN CLUB LISTED
This form is for genuine enquiries only. Your IP address will be recorded
This page was last updated: 08 November 2012