The Buteland Stop Shepherds Hut Bellingham Northumberland
Luxury Shepherds Hut Sleeps 2 with double bed, en-suite,tv radio and kitchen.
Private location with parking
beautiful location with 360 degree views of Northumberland
The Buteland Shepherd Hut.
Bellingham Around and About:
• Bellingham is about 3 miles from Buteland and is a traditional
Northumberland village. It offers a selection of small shops, cafes, hotel, pubs, newsagent/post office, doctors, cashpoint machine,
co-op supermarket, Chinese take away, chemist, fuel garage, tourist information centre, heritage centre (small voluntary run museum).
Tourist Information centre/Heritage Centre & Carriages café is a refurbished 1950’s railway carriage (located in the former railway station yard).
• Places to eat in Bellingham: The Cheviot Hotel, Riverdale Hotel, Chinese Takeaway, Rocky Road Café,
The Boe Rigg (food served all day).
• Things to Do:
• Swimming at the Riverdale Hotel in Bellingham,
• Cycling: Route 10 from the hut provides beautiful scenic rides.
• Walking: Hareshaw Lynn waterfall (Bellingham), Kielder, walks, many more exciting places to discover!!!
• Further Afield:
Hadrian’s Wall, Kielder, Hexham, Corbridge, Morpeth, Newcastle, Tynemouth, Great houses and castles (including: Cragside, Wallington, Alnwick castle and gardens).
Kielder Observatory: (40 minutes drive) will take you to the darkest skies in England & closer to the stars:
The Buteland Shepherd Hut:
• Site Owner Contact Number: Brian /Lesley 07966429140
• Local Services:
Bellingham Surgery: 01434 220203
Pharmacy: 01434 220231
Hexham Emergency Care Unit: 0344 8118111
Police: 01661 872555
Local Co-op: Opening Hours: 7am-10pm
• Bottled drinking water: available in shepherds hut, free of charge.
• Log Burning Stove: first bundle of wood provided, £2.50 for any additional kindling.
• Adult cycle hire: 2 bikes (male & female) available for hire
£10 per bike per day.
• Shepherd Hut Power & Lighting:
Please be conscious of using the electricity, as the 12volt battery has a limited charge time.
• Rubbish: Rubbish bins are located near the entrance gate. Please see labels on bin lids for appropriate rubbish disposal.
• BBQ’S: Please be aware this is a quiet, dark sky area, only small disposable bbq’s to be used before 9pm.
This form is for genuine enquiries only. Your IP address will be recorded
This page was last updated: 23 July 2017